Donate Old Cars to Charity
Do you have old car that you need to get rid but want to do something special that will surely benefit others? Then why not join thousands of like-minded individuals who have donated their car’s old value to charity? You will make a big difference in the lives of many people when they receive your special gift.
When you donate a vehicle to charity, even if it’s an old one, you’re helping an individual to fulfill the need they are not able to achieve by themselves. Most of the car owners take for granted the convenience of their car, but for others not only cars are convenient, but also help them to provide children with transportation or even earn a living.
Why Not Donate to Charity?
If your old car is just being stuck in your garage, probably you cannot get much for it. If you will advertise and deal it, all the sales hassles, tags and taxes can give you a real headache. Actually, spending money and time on an old car sometimes end up costing you more money than it’s worth and is also counterproductive. If your car still runs, may be you don’t want to tow it away by someone. There’s a good alternative – donate the car to charity.
There are numerous people who love donating their things for anyone who needs their help. Donating car is among such ways to satisfy the inner side. You will have the opportunity to do something treasurable for the humankind. Aside from that, it will make your life more meaningful in a real sense. Donate your old car to charity, feel good and have fewer burdens inside your soul and heart.
- By donating to charity, you will not only get disembarrass of the old car you have, but as well do something for other people and give them support that’s bigger than any good work around the world.
- Not only donating will make you feel happy from inside, but satisfy conflicting and confused feelings in your mind also. You will feel proud and the feeling that you cannot expressed in words.
- Donation of car is a kind of decision which can get you gratitude from your relatives and friends.
- Get the tax rebate that is equivalent to the measured money value while you donate the car.
- You can be a good example to those rich people, teach a moral and lesson to them in a good way.
- Saves you the stresses to have your car appraised, look for buyers or pay for charges of car repair that frequently come with the old cars.
So, you are planning to donate your car. But, how will you start?
It is important to follow counteractive steps when donating a car. OK is not enough. Before donating your car to charity, you need to:
- Research the organization or charity you are planning to donate.
- See if you’ll receive tax benefit from the donation. The organization or charity should be qualified.
- Search for your car’s value.
- Make some queries if you, as a benefactor, have any other responsibilities in the donation process.
Finding your Charity
Of course, the choice is always yours. However, ensure that your preferred charity is recognized by IRS before you donate the car. Or else, your deduction can be rejected. If you’re still unsure, you can check the Cumulative List of Organizations of the IRS. It has the list of qualified charities. Though religious organizations are not listed, but they also qualify.
Search engine is a great help to look for a charity. But, be aware of the fraudulent charity websites. Make sure to have a contact with the program director to sort out any questions you have regarding the vehicle donation.
Ensure to have your car title available to transfer over the title. This is a personal property transfer over to the organization or charity.
Deliver the Car
Rather than getting the assistance service of a middle man donation, it is much better if you will take time to deliver your car donation by yourself. In that case, you can ensure that your chosen charity will be benefitted on the value of your donated car. Some companies that promote assistance service of car donation charges money that can take up to ninety percent of your car donation’s total worth. Think twice regarding making the charity come and get the car themselves. Remember, these charities usually don’t have their own tow trucks for picking up car donations. They will only hire a towing service, costing them more money.
Again, the decision is still yours. Those who really need the service of towing service, these can be accepted and picked up wherever it is by a bonded and licensed tow truck company. These days, the process is painless, quick and easy when donating a car.
If your old car has not worked in years, you can also donate it. In many cases, still its parts can be sold. That means, your car has more worth that you’re possibly thinking. The money comes from the donated cars is used to benefit numerous charities dramatically, thus sequentially, dramatically helping many helpless people. Take a look at some ways money is utilized all from making that selfless and awesome decision to donate an old car.
- Support for the single mothers
- Improved poor and neglected neighborhoods
- Help the environment through recycling the car
- Increase funding for the nonprofit organizations
- Vaccinations, uniforms, school supplies and others for unprivileged children
- Distribution of food for needy families
- Prisoners reformation
- Assistance for the homeless
- Anti-drug DVDs creation for defenseless teens
- Orphanage assistance
- …and many more
By knowing all of these, you will surely encourage to donate your old, yet valuable old car to charity.
Donate a car as well as help charities that give support to your neighborhoods. Help the environment by means of recycling. Help yourself by way of putting the money back in your own pocket. I don’t think there is any other reason not to donate an old car. Go around your old clunker, kick the tires and smile. Get started with the donation process. Why not donate today? Become sociable and share what you have.