Finding the Correct Motor Replacements for Your Needs
Every single year, industrialization produces hundreds or even thousands of new and patented machines that can make every people’s lives more convenient. Most machines need an electric engine or motor for it to work. An electric engine is a very important component for transforming electrical energy to an effectual mechanical energy. Usually, motors or engines only work when connected to a winding current to produce magnetic field and force, which is why in every kind of machine, there is a specific and appropriate motor to use.
However, despite of the fact that you use the right engine for your machine/s, there might still be a possibility that your machine will suddenly stop working because the motor has already reached its limit. When that time happen, you will only be left with two choices, either change your machine or look for the right motor replacement for you to fix it. Furthermore, if you have chosen to just look for engine replacement and fix it instead of spending too much money of buying a new one, then the following can really be a big help for you.
3 basic tips in finding the correct motor replacements
- Locating the engines’ part numbers – basically, the first thing you need to do in this kind of situation is to identify whether which part of your machine needs replacement. Cross referencing the part number/s or model of the damaged or broken motor which you will need to replace is just an easy thing.
You can find an attached nameplate or label of the parts of your inner machine somewhere on its outer body. The nameplate might include many useful data specifications which you can use in finding the right motor replacements you need to use for changing and fixing your machine’s engine.
- Considering company’s method of labeling – you might probably think that the company where you bought the machine are also selling motor replacement parts, right? Well, it may be possible but you need to keep in your mind that some of the companies are not making their own engine for their machine. Instead, they just buy it from another company.
So make sure to search and evaluate well whether the part of the engine that you need to replace is really from the company where you bought the machine or not. If yes, then most probably they are also selling different parts of motor replacements for their customers whose machine also suddenly stop working because of broken or too old engine.
- Match information – once you have found the specific damaged part of your motor that causes your machine to malfunction, then the next thing you need to do is to match information. Matching the electrical specifications and physical dimension of your defective and old motor to the possible part/s that you will buy can definitely be a big help for you.
With it, there is a greater chance for you to find the best motor replacement that will really work and fit to your machine. So as much as possible, list and remember all the possible useful information that you have found in the nameplate or label, most especially its size and electrical specifications. Aside from that, matching the information that you have found will prevent you from buying the wrong and useless motor replacement parts for your engine.
Now that you know those three basic tips for you to find the best and right motor replacement parts for your machine’s engine, looking for it will definitely be easier for you. However, reading and considering also the things below can really make your search a lot easier. These things are the engine specification you also need to keep in your mind while looking for the correct motor replacements.
- Physical dimension – basically, this is one of the most important things you need to consider. Physical dimension includes the engine’s diameter, length, width, frame size and number of the shaft and shaft’s diameter or length. With it, you will be able to find the engine that is exactly the same with physical dimension with your old motor.
- Enclosure – knowing if the engine is TEAO or totally enclosed air over or if it is ADP or open drip proof or TEFC or totally enclosed fan-cooled is also important. With it, you will be able to know how your engine is being cooled down and at the same time you will also whether it needs special kind of protection or not.
- Mounting – considering it in finding the right motor replacements is important most especially that every engine has its own specific kind of mounting. Your motor may have a belly band, rigid based, though bolts or cradle base. Aside from that, it is also important that you also know whether your motor’s mounting is vertical or horizontal. Knowing what specific kind of mounting your engine has, can give you a bigger chance to find and buy the right and best motor replacement parts for your machine.
- Electrical specifications – considering also the electrical specifications is also important. Mostly, engine’s electrical specifications is made up of HP, Amps, RPMs, volts, Service Factor (SF) and Phase three or one (only for appliance and industrial applications. Once you know your engine’s electrical specifications, there might be a one hundred percent chance that you will find the motor replacements you really need. Aside from that, you can also find the electrical specifications that you need on the label or nameplate of your machine.
- Other specifications – there might be a chance that your engine also has other specification in it. If that is the case, then you also need to consider it. It includes the kind of engine your machine have (shaded pole, capacitor start or permanent split capacitor), the ball bearing or sleeve and the engine application or attachment.
Finding the right motor replacements that you need is quite difficult on your part. But if you will take note the things above, looking for it will just definitely be a piece of cake. With those things, you will be able to easily find what you need, fix your machine and see how excellent it work despite of the fact that you have change some of your engine’s part.